Saturday 3 October 2009

Baby Remember My Name

Last kids class before the junior grading, so lots of form practice - and my work on yang fan chuan at lunchtimes paid off - I remembered it better than T I think. We've decided to move the senior juniors (!) on to the adult syllabus once they've finished the straight sword, so started teaching some siu lim tao to the older ones.
Afterwards we went through bokken vs pole again, both sides all the way through, it's starting to fit together in my head now. I suspect we looked fairly good going through it because I noticed at one point that we'd gathered a bit of an audience, since we were in the sports hall with a viewing gallery above. Good job we're not paranoid about people stealing our secrets! We also went over biu jeet, then some more of the wing chun 2 person sets, including one that teaches the way to escape from one of the chin na wrist locks, which is something I've been wondering about for a while.
After class home to the un-mitigated joy of my 10 year old's sleepover birthday party, part of which featured a visit to the cinema to watch "Fame". I was struck mostly by the dance sequences, and in particular the dance classes, which have more than a little similarity to martial arts training (but with less bruises? Or maybe not)

No comments:

Post a Comment