Sunday 4 October 2009

While the outside is moving, the inside is silent

Probably never been as happy to set out for a run as I was this morning - a houseful of pre-teen girls is hard work, especially the seemingly constant shrieking, which went on 'til at least 1:30 in the morning and started again at about 5:30. So leaving them with my other half to reconstruct the wreckage of the bedroom and sort out which particular bit of clothing/jewelry/make-up belonged in which suitcase while I went for my constitutional felt like heaven. Why is it exactly that they scream so much, either in laughter or mock distress (or at any other excuse)? I'm sure I wasn't like that (but then again I was always an odd child).
3.5 miles in very pleasant clear cold conditions, thinking about Master Wu's calligraphy which I think says something about being still and silent inside even when engaged in battle.
And home just as the mothers started arriving to pick them up. Ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment