Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tang Lang

Late to kickboxing last night because of work stuff, so worked extra hard once I got there, especially on the punch pads.
Then kung fu. Lots of people there, not really enough room in the small hall so it was hard to find a spot to take some of the green belts through basic bokken moves. Then over to help out with the beginners - one of whom was having extraordinary difficulty with the start of the wing chun.
Despite taking him through it really slowly about 20 times (no, I'm not exaggerating, that's probably an underestimate), he was still finding it very difficult. Never had such difficulties with an adult before, not sure if the problem was with me or him.
In the sparring, still on a buzz from the weekend, I decided to try out some mantis techniques. They seemed to work quite well so I think I'll work on that for a while.
Went through Li Pi and Pa Chi after the class, then this lunchtime put in a good 40 more minutes just going through Li Pi again, trying to bed it in properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment