Friday 2 April 2010

Double Header

Because it's the school holidays this week I got the chance to go to Kung Fu on both Wednesday and Thursday night.
Wednesday Derby class was good, tai chi class especially seems to be growing quite well.
Thursday was the Nottingham grading for the adults, so it was quite hard work, nearly 3 hours long, although at least with the adults when they display their forms they have to do it by themselves so I get a chance to have a bit of a rest, unlike the kids gradings where I have to lead them through it. Down to catch the very end of tai chi, where we went through the second 2-person stick set. I've only ever done that set in kung fu before, where it has a subtly different emphasis, so a few new nuances to learn there.
A long chat in the pub afterwards with D and R about training and teaching. D is pushing me hard to start my own class this September. While I still have mixed feelings about whether I can commit to it, I'm starting to realise that there will always be some work-related reason why it seems a little risky, so really if I'm ever going to start teaching it might as well be soon...
I'll meditate on it a little while I'm on my hols this week.

1 comment: