Tuesday 30 March 2010

Crash Landing

Lots of throwing at both kick-boxing and kung fu last night, with me in the role of rag doll / crash test dummy. Took one particular slam that knocked the breath right out of me. I can't seem to get used to be thrown however much it happens. I am, however, getting gradually more proficient at throwing other people and can now get T down without too much trouble when the opportunity arises.
Good news on the Master Wu seminar front. It looks like I will definitely be going to the Li Pi / Pa Chi one with both T and D (the more of us from Nottingham who go together the better - it's much easier to retain what we learn when there is someone else to practise with). There's also a strong possibility that I'll get chance the following weekend to go down to Southampton again to do the fourth part of the Chen Tai Chi set that Master Wu has been gradually teaching to us for the last few years...but I still need final buy-in from the other half to that one, so I'm concentrating on building up brownie points.

No comments:

Post a Comment