Saturday 20 March 2010

Guns and Sharp Swords in the Hands of Young Children

Last kids classes before their grading this morning, so no messing and lots of form practice. Both of my two are grading, S to her green belt and J to her 2nd brown (or is it 3rd? I've lost track and I never remember to sew the badges on her sash!). She is doing the first part of the straight sword form that I learnt around 5 years ago in the adults class and haven't really done since, and she looks pretty good at it to me. I'm wondering if I should buy her a special small sword - she's currently using a stick as both of my straight swords are too long for her to wield properly (marginally too long for me too if the truth be told). I'll have to see what I can find in the corners of the internet...


No comments:

Post a Comment