Friday 12 March 2010

First Night

Wednesday night finally saw the start of our Derby venture, with a kung fu class followed by Tai Chi. Not as many people as I'd hoped, but enough that it wasn't embarrassing. Hopefully word of mouth will spread and more will start coming along soon. Possibly a good sign - today somebody I haven't talked to for ages called me at work to ask if it was me in the poster he'd seen - so at least people are noticing the advertising!
A little odd to be doing kung fu with D again as it's a good few years since he used to be my teacher and he was looking to me at several points in the class to check he was doing OK and keeping it at the right level as it's a long time since he's taught a beginners class.
I'll need to try to keep the differences between his emphasis/technique and T's clear in my mind to make sure I don't start mixing them up, which may be a bit of a challenge.

1 comment: