Tuesday 9 March 2010

Feint / Faint

One of the kickboxers fainted fairly spectacularly last night during some structured sparring drills! My first thought was that she'd taken a kick to the head (not from me, I hasten to add!), but it turns out that it was probably because she'd skipped lunch and the room was quite hot (despite sub-zero temperatures outside). She was OK after a brief rest and some sports drink, and joined in happily - hope it hasn't put her off too much.
I was happy with the quality of my sparring in both kickboxing and kung fu, my kicks are definitely improving and becoming quite difficult to handle I think...and I managed to survive both sessions without aggravating my finger again, which is a bonus. I'm not convinced it will ever properly mend though, I think it's just something I'm going to have to live with/adapt to.
After the classes T, me and N went through the Wing Chun Butterfly Knives and then the new stick set I'm starting to learn. The knives sets are starting to re-surface in my memory, but that probably just means that something else is being moved to deep storage to make room for them...
New sparring gloves (pink, of course!) arrived for my eldest in today's post, so a bit of impromptu practice before tea ensued. Younger one also tried them. It still amazes me how hard she can punch - she seems to just naturally have fantastic technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment