Tuesday 18 August 2009

Student Teacher

Last night was my first time teaching the mixed (well, mostly men's) kickboxing and the kung fu by myself. I was a little bit stressed out about it beforehand, but I think it went pretty well.
I was determined to make them work hard and not take the opportunity to slack off like kids do when they have a student teacher, so I set my stall out by making the kickboxing warm up fairly grueling. One guy in particular looked like he was struggling so I backed off a little - don't want anyone collapsing on my "watch"!
Other than that I stuck fairly well to my hurriedly drawn up lesson plans for both classes although I did run a bit short of time in kickboxing so next week I'll set my sights a bit lower there.
A bit of positive feedback from a couple of the students at the end so I must have done something right. Another step towards teaching more seriously....

No comments:

Post a Comment