Monday 9 November 2009

Two out of Three ain't bad

Monday night the chinese kickboxing class was brightened by a guy I know from the Tai Chi class showing up to give it a try. It's an unusual combo, most people in the school who train in more than one do tai chi and kung fu, or kung fu and kickboxing, (I'm the honorable exception by doing all three!) but he's decided to go for the kickboxing rather than kung fu because he reckons his brain is full just learning tai chi stuff, the kung fu would be a step too far whereas the kickboxing is fairly simple to learn and gives him a bit of a cardio workout. It was nice to pair up with him on something that's more my home territory, since he kicks my ass at pushing hands every time we try it at Tai Chi.
Kung fu later was mostly wing chun for me, then a bit of mantis. More good news - it sounds like J and A are going to start coming along on Saturdays after the kids class to train on the higher grade stuff with me and T, it will be good to have a couple more people to try stuff out on....

No comments:

Post a Comment