Sunday 13 December 2009

100 kpm

Saturday was the last proper kids session of the year - there is going to be a class next weekend but T has decided it's going to be a special - some kind of team competition featuring speed kicking, balancing, stick sparring and forms. But to make it not too competitive I think we're selecting the teams to ensure a good balance from the tinies up to the teenagers in each one, so the result should be a draw. Sounds like it will be chaos to me. Unfortunately the chances are I won't make it anyway as next weekend is shaping up to be quite busy as the christmas social season kicks in properly...
So quite a bit of practicing forms with the kids this week, and also a rehearsal of the speed/endurance padwork. Turns out I can do 100 kpm (kicks per minute), which pleases me..not that I'm competitive about this type of thing, obviously (see earlier post about letting go of the ego, per my zen strivings), but none of the other adults or teens can do that many. Reckon if I were a little fitter I could get it up to 2 kicks a second, as currently I tend to fade in the last 15 seconds.
And through the wonders of the internet I learn that apparently 100 kpm means I can kick along in time to "Dirrty" by sweet little Christina....

No comments:

Post a Comment