Tuesday 8 December 2009

Small is Beautiful

I don't know why, but for some reason both classes on Monday night were quite small - especially the kickboxing. But T seemed to be feeling fairly relaxed about it so both classes were actually really enjoyable - no absolute beginners in either which meant we could focus on intermediate-type stuff, and plenty of individual attention for everyone.
T quickly spotted that I'd been practising my flying turning kick quite a bit since Saturday, so I must have made progress with it. I still need to work on getting some height if I want to look really impressive though. Of course it's not really about how it looks, but how powerful it is...I think I still have a way to go before I've lost enough ego not to care about looking flash...maybe next lifetime?

(The cognoscenti amongst you will of course note that this is a flying side kick, not turning kick)


Even N didn't make it so after the class it was just me and T, we went through Ee Sen Tee quite a bit (although I declined to do the cartwheel to get out of the throw on the grounds it would probably hurt my hand too much). Then we went through the 2-person butterfly knives which has had a few more subtle changes since we last tried it, that I think make it make a bit more sense

No comments:

Post a Comment