Saturday 30 January 2010

Grounded

Kids kung fu today, slightly less manic than next week because T was "on" them right from the start of the class. One of the littlest ones was still a bit of a pain though, really I think he's too little and needs to be at least 6 months older before he can concentrate well enough to join in properly. Little I is coming on well though - she managed a scissor kick for the first time today and was really chuffed!
During the older ones class my kicking seemed to be flowing really well for once, and I was very aware of the feeling of the floor under my supporting leg grounding me. I was conscious of being rooted and force starting in my grounded leg and flowing up through my hips to make the kicks powerful. Let's hope that's here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment