Friday 22 January 2010

Improvisation

Bit of a surprise for me on Thursday night - arrived at Kung Fu to find a message from T asking me to take the class 'cos he couldn't make it. I have taken the class before, but with at least a week's notice, so I have time to draw up a lesson plan. Yesterday it was straight in with about 2 minutes notice.
So I was pretty much making it up as I went along last night, trying to do the warm up and the communal stuff so that it was manageable for everybody but challenging too, before splitting them up into the various grades to work on syllabus stuff while I went from group to group "plate spinning". Actually quite enjoyable.
Afterwards plenty of pole in Tai Chi, and some pa kua. Not a bad night. Just hope that T can make it to the kids classes tomorrow, because taking their lessons is a different kettle of fish altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment