Saturday 16 January 2010

Storyville - Cage Fighting Women

Got in from Kung Fu/Tai Chi on Thursday night to find that this was on the TV.
Really a bit too brutal for me, but an interesting watch - particularly the bit where the family of one of the women is trying to understand why she does it and persuade her to give it up. I think I can understand the urge to take part and "prove" your fighting skills - what I find less appealing is the motivations of the audience at a cage fight - I suspect it's slightly pervy, especially when it's women fighting, but also when it's men, too.
Sun style at Tai Chi for the first time in ages, it was nice to revisit it as I've always found the circling/shoulder rolling aspects of it very pleasing. Then we did quite a bit of pole, including start of the "living pole" set, which I seem to finally be able to do now without cracking myself in the ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment