Thursday 16 April 2009

Good to be Back

Back to business tonight after a couple of weeks lay-off, reminding me just how much I love Kung Fu. Went through Chang Chuan quite a few times, then some 2 person stuff, including the new version of the basic wing chun throw with cat stance rather than mountain stance. I think I'm starting to find the new version easier, although you have to put it on pretty quickly for it to be effective.
After the rest of the class had gone I went through Li Pi with T a few times, then we did a lot of work on the Butterfly Knives, both single and 2 person. By the time we'd been through the 2 person set a few times we were really going at it, metal on metal making very impressive sound effects, I wish I knew whether it looked as cool as it sounded.
Down to Tai Chi and straight in to 2 person sword which is one of my favorites, so good stuff there too. The only bad news of the night is that Master Wu has postponed his visit to England and therefore there won't be a seminar/grading next weekend. Slightly mixed feelings about that because I wasn't sure I would be ready for the grading anyway, but it's definitely a shame about the seminars.

No comments:

Post a Comment