Friday 3 April 2009

Point to Pointing

Wednesday night was the inter-departmental Broome Cup race - a 3.5 mile cross-country affair supposed to be run in teams of 4 with the 3 fastest times counting. Let down by my own collegues (!) I managed to get a place in the R&T team as a ringer. The other three guys were very experienced runners who were all much faster than me, but it was still fun. Also entering, to my surprise, was a team from the marine division including the dad of two girls I teach Kung Fu to on Saturdays. I would have dearly loved to have finished ahead of him, but it was not to be.
The highlight of the course was a water-filled ditch we had to leap. Throwing myself across, I landed badly on the far side and barely escaped getting wet. And I think I twisted my knee, because waking up on Thursday morning it was really hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment