Tuesday 10 February 2009

Bokken but un-bowed

Lots of bokken at KF on Monday, went through all the sets I'm supposed to know. I'm quite fond of it as a weapon, not so some of the people I was teaching it to, who handle it very gingerly - I think the trick is to treat it as an extension of my self (same with the pole, which is my all-time favorite).
Kick-boxing was fun too, everyone there was fairly experienced so T drove us pretty hard and we covered lots of stuff. I've decided to invest in some heavier boxing gloves as an addition to the light sparring gloves I already have, looks like I've just won a pair of 10oz ones on e-bay. They're pink, which will add that fetching feminine touch don't you think?
Off to Cologne for a couple of days for work tomorrow, so no chance of running and I'll miss Thursday's Kung Fu and Tai Chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment