Tuesday 3 February 2009

Brutal


Monday - Kickboxing and Kung Fu. Since it was still snowing up a storm (nearly crashed the car on the way there - good job there weren't any pedestrians crossing at the moment I went in to a spectacular slow-motion-but-completely-uncontrollable skid) hardly anyone showed up, so I got to do a bit of training for myself as well as being the glamourous assistant.
While kickboxing isn't usually my favorite (I find it a bit crass and relatively mindless compared to Kung Fu or Tai Chi Chuan), I learnt what strikes me as a particularly brutal combo last night, involving strikes with the elbow and knee. It was peculiarly satisfying/enjoyable to practise (against someone padded up for protection, of course). Should I be worried by this aspect of my personality?

No comments:

Post a Comment