Sunday 8 February 2009

It's not a competition, but I'm winning

Still icey, but went out this morning anyway. Decided to mix things up a bit by doing my favorite route the other way round to normal, which I've never done before. Difficult to find my stride properly because of the patches of ice and snow that had to be dodged - my running shoes have no kind of grip, so I have to be careful. When I got down to the grass by the river, that was less slippery but frozen absolutely solid still.

Inadvertently found myself in the middle of a pack of rowers who were warming up for their morning's training with a run. This meant I had to speed up a gear so I could pass them (not that I really had to pass them, it's just my competitive streak coming out). Happily I seemed to manage this quite easily, so maybe I am getting fitter? (NB No, they weren't carrying their boat at the time!)

Anyway, about 3 and a quarter miles in all (I took a detour across the park because it wasn't as treacherous as the roads, which also turns out to be a short-cut when I mapped my route - but I didn't know that, honest!). Tunes: Julie Daniels, Kaiser Chiefs, Kinks and Kooks

No comments:

Post a Comment