Sunday 1 February 2009

Snow

Ran this morning - I prefer to have Sundays as my rest day, but the tech review at work is looking like dragging on to a sixth and seventh day next week, so there'll be no chance to get out at lunchtime, just plenty of opportunity to practise trying to be "in the moment" instead of letting my mind wander off when it gets excruciatingly dull. 
Once I was out this morning though I quickly found my stride and got into the zone where I don't have to think about the running at all and my mind is free to muse over whatever floats into it. When I manage to find this zone I realise that perhaps I quite like running after all - but unfortunately I only get there once in a while.
Anyway, about 3.5 miles today (and including a bit of a hill, which is good), could have gone much further but didn't really have time. About half-way round it started snow - obviously I wasn't so far away from my body that I didn't notice that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment