Sunday 24 May 2009

Saturday

Three kids classes, and then, since I didn't have to dash off to take the eldest to swimming lessons since she was at ballet instead, T and I did about another hour of work on 2 person sets like Ee Sen Tee, 2 person Choy li fut, Kwok Sau Thay and Mantis 6-punch. So just the four hours practice...
T is keen for me to try harder in the two person work to kind of intimidate my opponent, that is to throw the punches/kicks so that they would actually make contact if they weren't blocked. I'm fine with that when I'm working with him, or one of the other senior students, but I'm reluctant to be too hard on the lower grades 'cos I'm afraid I might scare them off. At the same time I know that if I'm not testing them, they'll get into bad (and ineffective) habits. A fine balance needs to be struck.

No comments:

Post a Comment