Sunday 25 January 2009

5 Miles

After some debate decided that my hip felt good enough for a run this morning, especially considering this week's lunchtime runs are likely to be cancelled/curtailed by a major meeting I need to attend that is scheduled to run for 6 days (I probably ought to take a sleeping bag and some provisions!).
So I set off down to the river, feeling fairly OK, in fact sufficiently OK that at the 3-mile-or-5-mile decision point I decided to go for the longer option. At around the 3.5 mile point I decided this was a mistake, but too late, no turning back now. Had to dig deep to keep going as a wind seemed to whip up and a low sun was dazzling me, but happy to say I kept going for the full 5 miles.
It being Sunday morning, plenty of people out walking their dogs, happily all the ones that looked particularly scary left me alone - I was slobbered on by a small black spaniel but that's within my comfort zone. Not so the Rottweiler not on a lead, or the nippy little Jack Russell also running free, but luckily neither of them seemed interested in me.
Inspired by Flaming Lips, Foo Fighters, Four Tops, Franz Ferdinand, Gorillaz, Grandmaster Flash, Guns and Roses (interesting segway, that one), Hazmat Modine, the High Llamas and the House of Love.
Crushing headache later in the day, which often seems to happen to me when I've been running. Perhaps it's dehydration?

No comments:

Post a Comment