Friday 23 January 2009

Two Injuries

Late Wednesday night I started hurting just above my right hip - don't know why. Thursday am woke to find it getting steadily worse, to the extent that by lunchtime at work A had to search in the bottom of his kit bag to pull out an ancient tube of Deep Heat. Although not my liniment of choice (I prefer Tiger Balm), beggars can't be choosers so I applied it liberally and spent the afternoon in various meetings watching people wonder what the curious smell was.
Cautiously tried Kung Fu in the evening, while it hurt quite a bit at first it settled down after a while (probably the endorphins kicking in) and I managed the class quite well, then in sparring got my second injury - slow sparring with someone with bare feet, I kwok sau blocked a kick and got a massive scratch from their toe nail! It bleed quite a bit but the worst part was the creepy feeling of revulsion at the thought of the vile germs that might be working their way into my blood stream. Gave it a good wash, and again when I got home after Tai Chi, and lots of antiseptic. So here's hoping I don't lose an arm to some kind of horrid lurgi.

No comments:

Post a Comment