Friday 12 June 2009

The Beginning of the End, or the End of the Beginning?

T has decided to stop the Friday night Women's Kick Boxing, so today was one of the last few sessions. As I've mentioned in this blog before, I am starting to get a little bored of the women's kickboxing as it lacks any real finesse, so I won't mourn its passing too much, except for the loss of the additional aerobic fitness I think it helps me build. I guess I'll have to start running a bit more regularly again, or investigate the gym at work which I'm told has a couple of heavy punchbags. (although I have been warned that too much work on punchbags will f*&@ up your joints pretty quickly).

So if Friday nights are becoming family time again, that potentially frees up a night earlier in the week for martial arts. If only there was another training session I could attend...which got me thinking that maybe it's about time I listened to what my teachers have been telling me and took the step from assistant to instructor. Had a brief chat with D about it and he was really encouraging, so I'm going to give it some serious thought. As one door closes, another door opens, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment