Wednesday 24 June 2009

Serious Stuff

First class at the new venue tonight. Turns out to be a serious MMA gym type of place. The class before us looked like something out of Fight Club or UFC, lots of fit young men in shorts with strapped hands and feet kicking seven bells out of each other. Obviously I was checking out their technique, not their well-formed, sweaty physiques....but I need to stop dwelling on that.
Then our women-only class, with only me, T and one new student. Turns out though that she's done some Thai boxing before, so we had a good session, she likes to punch hard on the pads, which gives me license to do the same. And the gym is kitted out with some full-size heavy bags, so we got do do a few serious turning kicks also. I hope the class takes off a bit, because although it's a bit intimidating at first I think it could actually be a pretty good venue for the classes. But we'll need more than 1 student to make it worthwhile. I'll have to do a good selling job at the last Friday class this week to make sure we take some of those students with us to Wednesdays. Maybe I need to mention the six-packs....

No comments:

Post a Comment