Saturday 7 March 2009

Eye Opener

Thursday - Kung Fu. It was generally a good lesson, plenty of Wing Chun again, going through Siu Lim Tao and Chum Quoi. Then the sparring. That was going quite well too, then, paired up with a young lad (don't know exactly how old, I'd guess about 12 or 13?), I blocked with a "golden rooster" to a turning kick he was trying, somehow my shin made contact with his knee and suddenly he was in a heap on the floor! He was very brave and didn't make a sound but it had obviously hurt him pretty badly, and for the rest of the evening he couldn't put any weight on it, so had to sit out. T had to give him and his mum a lift home because he couldn't walk. No idea how it happened really, but I feel really sorry for him. Hope it was nothing that a bit of rest and ice can't fix but we'll have to wait and see - knees can be quite tricky....

Quickly went through Mantis 6-punch after the class before rushing down to the Tai Chi class, which now starts earlier, so I barged in halfway through the Yang Long Form - it was really hard to concentrate and adapt to the pace without the short break I normally have between the classes. This will be a test of my ability to focus I guess. Went through some more of the sword form, then started going through the 2 person sword again, which I love! S managed to pick up a hand injury from someone's sword (looks like stigmata!) - but that wasn't my fault, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment