Tuesday 17 March 2009

Kickin'

First kick-boxing, enjoying this more and more - and I think it's really improving my kicking, just the sheer number of repetitions is helping I think, added to my stretching regime, which, while it still hasn't made me particularly flexible, has certainly freed up my movements within my existing range. Perhaps if I persist, and persist, and persist, I'll eventually get a higher side kick?
One newbie at the KB which was good too, need to get a few more in though.
Then Kung Fu, a busy class, I got to go through Chang Chuan with the Yellow sashes, char chui 2 with the higher grades and then the first and second stick set (apologies for my spelling on all of these which is completely phonetic...despite my best attempts I can't manage to get a grip of Chinese at all). Sparred with A at the end, who, as usual, completely marmalised me.
After everyone else had gone went through Li Pi by myself. I watched a programme about Japan on television a couple of days ago which described learning kata as making a sequence of moves "part of yourself". This strikes me as a really good description of what it's like when you know a form really well. Starting to get there with portions of the Li Pi, but not the whole of it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment