Tuesday 10 March 2009

Must Try Harder

Just 5 including me and T at Kickboxing Monday night - cue a fairly intense hour of training including lots of elbow strikes and plenty of pad work. Discovered fairly early on that Sunday's run had left me with a bit of a groin strain, but gritted my teeth and worked through it.
Then Kung Fu, worked on Chum Ku and the Mantis 2-person set, then char chui 2 and the first stick set. During the sparring I was being so cautious because of Thursday's incident that I ended up getting hit by one of the beginners - there's a middle ground somewhere between passivity and attack that I need to find!
After the beginners had left worked on 2-person Butterfly Knives, Mantis 6-punch and Li Pi. It's starting to take some kind of shape I think - how long 'til my grading?

No comments:

Post a Comment