Sunday 1 March 2009

To infinity and beyond!


A training run for next week's 10k today, so did the full distance with a few hills thrown in. The problem was that my shuffle ran out of juice right at the start, so I had to do it without any tunes. This makes it really hard work for me, as I need the distraction of either music or someone talking to me to take my mind off how much I'm hurting! What happens is I start obsessively counting - my breaths, my paces, how many people I've run past, whatever. It's really irritating but I just can't stop it (At least I wasn't running laps - if I am I have to constantly calculate what fraction of the way I've covered and what's left). I think I need to find some kind of mantra that I can focus on instead - any ideas?
Anyway, accomplished the run I'd set out to do, but now I have a couple of blisters and a streaming cold. Other half, who also went for a training run today, has twisted his knee. Maybe this race wasn't such a good idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment