Saturday 28 March 2009

Mirrorball

Women's kickboxing was in a new venue this Friday, the "Dance Studio" at the leisure centre. The floor is wooden which is a big improvement on the tiles and concrete of the old hall, and there are fans so it's cooler, but one of the walls is mirrored. I didn't really enjoy being able to see myself, in fact in was pretty off-putting. I think I need to look through my reflection instead of at it.
It was useful when we were doing horse stance though, as I discovered I don't go nearly as low as I thought I did. More practice needed there I think.
T and I are trying to encourage the women to go for their first grading at the beginning of May. Not sure how much they'll be up for it though - I think most of them see it as more of a fitness class than a martial art at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment