Tuesday 3 March 2009

Stormy Monday

After a disturbed night, woke Monday am feeling grotty and had a long internal dialogue with myself over whether I should get up and go to work or call in sick. Work ethic won out and I got up and went to work, then on to my normal Monday evening of Kickboxing and Kung Fu. After just a few minutes of kickboxing I started feeling unpleasantly woozy, and had to take it quite easy. Then during the Kung Fu warm up felt so dizzy I thought I was going to fall over. Had to ask to be excused and run to the nearest newsagent to grab a chocolate bar, thinking that the faintness was due to a lack of calories. The Star Bar had a temporary effect and I soldiered on through the rest of the class (fortunately teaching Siu Lim Tao to some beginners, so able to stay fairly stationary), then, unwisely, stayed for some of the advanced Kung Fu afterwards. By the time I arrived home I was convinced I was proper poorly.
But the same scenario played out again this morning, with me not quite able to convince myself I was ill enough to stay home, so went to work, where I was greeted with a chorus of "you look dreadful" from my supportive colleagues. Thanks Guys!
Thinking I need a day's holiday tomorrow to try to get a bit rested before the race this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment